VMware Horizon Community
virtual_mind
Contributor
Contributor

Linked Clone Desktop " default server unknown "... DNS issue ?

Hi All,

I have created a linked clone which seems to be joined to the domain. The system properties of the linked clone desktop lists out that it has properly joined to the domain. It has also made an entry in the Active Directory Users and Computers in AD as well as it has leased one IP from DHCP server. The DNS also shows its entry in the forward lookup zone. But there is no entry of this linked clone desktop in the reverse lookup zone.

Also, when I "ipconfig" the linked clone desktop, it shows the default gateway field "blank".

Is this normal ? Should I check out something ?

May be due to this issues my pool stucks in the "customizing stage" and does not become available.

Thanks for reading it Smiley Happy

Any help is greatly GREATLY appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's not normal.  The reverse lookup isn't necessarily a problem.  The lack of a default gateway would cause problems.  Check your DHCP server settings and make sure it has a default gateway listed for that scope.  This would cause your VM's to sit at a customizing state until it times out.  They have to be able to contact the domain controllers and the View Connection broker for the customization to finish.

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com