VMware Horizon Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

frequent lock ups

since upgrading to view 5.1, I have been getting frquent freeze up on a desktop. I eventually have to disconnect and reconnect back to the vm and usually get the

TPAutoconnect user agent has stopped working.

any idea why? I dont have much users connected.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sfsiher
Contributor
Contributor

We are having a very similar issue. Our users VDI freezes when moving windows from one screen to another, when resizing a screen and also sometimes with just scrolling through outlook, excel, adobe or word. It doesnt happen all of the time but it is happening at least 10 times a day to users. Please let me know if you find a fix.

0 Kudos
yaseen_ka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have the same issue. Can some one help with resolution pls.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue has been reported to Support and we are working with the customer to figure out what's going on.

If you are able to open an SR and help us gather logging it may help speed up the process.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
sfsiher
Contributor
Contributor

SR has been created and logs have been posted. SR # 12202986507 have not heard back from support rep for 2 days and our users and owners are starting to get upset and people are going to start losing their jobs and I am one of them that is going to lose his job. Please let me know if you need anything from me because I don’t want to become unemployed.

0 Kudos
mwynne
Contributor
Contributor

Has there been any movement on this issue? I'm having similar issues now and it seems to be happening with increased regularity.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

mwynne - please can you open Task Manager with the Performance Tab selected, then move your application windows between screens etc to reproduce the issue. Does the CPU spike or flatline at 100%?

Cheers

-gogogo5

0 Kudos
mwynne
Contributor
Contributor

I get some spikes when I move from window to window but nothing that looks problematic. I have not, however, had a chance to test that theory on a machine that is having an issue as the issue is not consistent. I will try it next time I have the opportunity.

Thanks

0 Kudos