VMware Horizon Community
baber
Expert
Expert

failed to connect to the connection server certificate error when use ip address

Hi

i have used vmware horizon view 6.0. now one of my user that used ip adress for connect to his desktop with VMware Horizon View Client the attach error appear but when i said use from  host name  instead of ip for connect to server the problem solved now how can solve the problem when he want use ip adress in VMware Horizon View Client for connect to his desktop ?

best regards

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexeyKhudyakov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

You should set the setting on a View Client "Preferences -> Security -> Do not verify server identity certificates"

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

thnanks.

i select Do not verify server identity certificates on my client in vmware horizon client software but now when i click on server for connect to desktop attachesd error appear

what do i have to do ?

BEST REGARDS

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

‌how can solve that problem?

0 Kudos
AlexeyKhudyakov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You should use a FQDN name instead of IP address.
You can try to add a FQDN name to the hosts file.

On the client machine add to the file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts this line:

10.10.10.10 connection-server-name.yours.domain connection-server-name

I think it will help.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

thanks

i know it will work with FQDN but my client user used ip adress on vmware horizon client until 3 days ago it was ok but recently it give that error when using ip adress now what do i have to do for solve that error ?

Best regards

Babak

0 Kudos