VMware Horizon Community
DarrenBull
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wyse V10L with WTOS 6.3 & VMware View Issue

Hi, just got the WTOS 6.3 from Wyse today and upgraded a V10L. Then entered the IP address of our VMware View Server, which responds to our thin client device OK and presents us with a nice VMware login box. I then enter my login details and I get the error 'NO SUPPORT TUNNEL'...

I can connect directly to the VM in question using RDP from the Wyse client, so assume its something to do with SSL through the broker. Disabled the requirement for SSL and changed my broker on the Wyse device to , (instead of https) - same error.

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what the problem is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Open View Administrator, select your View Server, click Edit and Enable (Direct connect to desktop)

That's because the Wyse client with ThinOS does not have the tunneling components.

You will need the direct conect option. The Thin client connects to the View Server, authenticated, get his session information and after that connects via RDP directly to the desktop.

Thanks,

Christoph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Open View Administrator, select your View Server, click Edit and Enable (Direct connect to desktop)

That's because the Wyse client with ThinOS does not have the tunneling components.

You will need the direct conect option. The Thin client connects to the View Server, authenticated, get his session information and after that connects via RDP directly to the desktop.

Thanks,

Christoph

0 Kudos
DarrenBull
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
R0v3r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I thought 6.3 has the VMware View client embedded in it?

0 Kudos
tvdh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

i still have the error not support tunnel after setting "require SSL for client connections" to NO

can someone help me ?

thx

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can your tc talk to the virtual desktop via rdp?

Sent with my BlackBerry

0 Kudos
tvdh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thx

It is solved

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
mrieck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Tony,

what was your solution to fix this problem?

Thx, Michael

0 Kudos
tvdh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

this is what i have done

1) in view administrator enable direct connect to desktop.

2) change your wnos.ini file on your ftp server with the settings for VDM

at this moment does you have your logon screen of VDM. the only problem i still have is that i still have to logon with RDP but for that someone of wyse is comming to me in 2 weeks to resolve this problem

Tony

0 Kudos