VMware Horizon Community
H3llGhost
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Connection Server 5 and Windows 2008 R2

Hello,

I am trying to install View Connection Server 5 on Windows 2008 R2, which runs as VM on an ESXi 5 Server.

But I always got the error message, that my os isn't supported.

I read the system requirements and Windows 2008 R2 with SP1 is listed.

Is there anything what I had forgotten?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't install View on a server running the active directory domain controller role.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is this server running  other roles?   Is it a X86 or X64 server?

0 Kudos
H3llGhost
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is a x64 Server.

I had added the required Active Directory and the standard installed file server.

It is just a test of the VIew environment.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't install View on a server running the active directory domain controller role.

0 Kudos
H3llGhost
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmm ... than it would be nice to get an error message which indicates the "right" problem.

There is no possibility to get both working?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I agree a different error message wold be nice.  The only way to get it working is to remove the AD role or install it on a different server.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Will the view 5 connection server run on Windows 2008 64 - NON R2? If yes, then what are the consequences? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks. I noticed that they never directly said that 2008 64-bit would work, but they did say to use 2008 64-bit R2.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Most of the detail has already been discussed on this thread, but to confirm ... the document specifically says Server 2008 R2 (64) or Server 2003 R2 (32). Non R2 variants are not listed and are therefore not supported.

If you try to install Connection Server on an AD domain controller, it will rightly fail. The error message is misleading though so we've fixed that (in the next version) so that the reason is clearer.

Mark.

0 Kudos