VMware Horizon Community
dflint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Client Device Options 101 Please

I am very new to VDI so bear with me. I'm looking for cleint device recommendations to use for XP Desktops deployed with VMware View 3.0. I've read the VMware View Client Compatibility Guide. Also some posts responding to basically the same question but they're a year old. Do these devices simply connect using the View Client over RDP? Or am I missing a piece?

I'm looking at the Wyse and Sun terminals but am not sure if there is additional software required to connect to VMware's Connection Server. Thanks! Doug

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szekelyk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You need View client on the device, it is either the installed Windows version (I,ve just installed to XPe e=embedded running on Wyse V90L, for test.), or the vendor implement the View client functionality and VMware certify it. In this case you connect to the connection broker, and got all the functionality eg. pools. View client uses RDP protocol.

Using a simple RDP client it is possible to connect to the VM itself, you have to know the IP/hostname of the of your Windows VM.

Hope this helps!

Kristian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
szekelyk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You need View client on the device, it is either the installed Windows version (I,ve just installed to XPe e=embedded running on Wyse V90L, for test.), or the vendor implement the View client functionality and VMware certify it. In this case you connect to the connection broker, and got all the functionality eg. pools. View client uses RDP protocol.

Using a simple RDP client it is possible to connect to the VM itself, you have to know the IP/hostname of the of your Windows VM.

Hope this helps!

Kristian

0 Kudos
dflint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Kristian,

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to think there IS such a thing as a stupid question!

After receiving your info, and talking with a tech from Wyse, my question has been answered.

Thanks again!

Doug

0 Kudos