VMware Horizon Community
dkloster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View 5 Design Question

I am designing a new View environment and I have a few questions as it relates to the server infrastructure. This will be a completely new install. There is no existing VMware servers of any kind. This is what I am planning.....

• A vCenter Server with Composer on the LAN
  • A View Connection Server on the LAN
  • A View Security Server PCOIP Gateway in the DMZ
  • A View Transfer Server for offline access on the LAN

Obviously for fault tolerance I would need at least 2 of each server type

A few questions.......

1. The View Connection server needs to be on a seperate server than vCenter, correct?
  2. Do I need 2 Connection Servers, 1 for remote access and 1 for local? I would like the remote users to go through the Secure Gateway and the local users to go directly through the Connection Server.
  3. Can the Transfer Server be installed on the same server as vCenter or the Connection Server?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:  yes

2:  You would need more than that if you want the redudency.   When doing a security server (external access) it has to be paired with an internal security server.   If you want your lan users to utilize direct connect then they would not be able to connect to the paired server.    So this means you would need two servers for internal users utilizing direct connect and then a security server and paired connection broker for the external users.

3  It has to be it's own server.  Keep in mind after adding the trasnfer server role the server will be reconfigured and multiple controllers will be added to handle the downloads. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:  yes

2:  You would need more than that if you want the redudency.   When doing a security server (external access) it has to be paired with an internal security server.   If you want your lan users to utilize direct connect then they would not be able to connect to the paired server.    So this means you would need two servers for internal users utilizing direct connect and then a security server and paired connection broker for the external users.

3  It has to be it's own server.  Keep in mind after adding the trasnfer server role the server will be reconfigured and multiple controllers will be added to handle the downloads. 

0 Kudos
dkloster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks! What do you mean by "Keep in mind after adding the trasnfer server role the server will be  reconfigured and multiple controllers will be added to handle the  downloads." What are the multiple controllers?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Multiple scsi controllers are added to the transfer server VM.

dkloster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!!

0 Kudos