VMware Horizon Community
rpawlicki
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 4 client defaulting to RDP instead of PCoIP

Checked around here and on the internet and couldn't find anyone who has a similar problem so I figured I'd post and see if someone figured this out.

We have a desktop Pool on View 4.0.1, ESX 3.5 servers with the default protocol set to PCoIP, and the ability for the user to over ride the default protocol (we use the View Security server as well for these user to log in from home, and this is the only way we found that works to have the connection at home fail back to RDP.  If the box is not checked, no one can get to their desktop from home).  There are about 30 other people in this pool and all of them work on PCoIP without any problems. 

One of our staff worked fine on PCoIP for approximately a week, and then all of a sudden, her system switched to using RDP over PCoIP.  So far, we've tried (in no particular order):

Tried the 4.5 client - didn't do anything different

Tried deleting her VM, and having her log in again to get assigned another VM - still gets RDP

Tried Moving her to another host PC. - The problem follows her

Tried logging in as another user at both her host system, and the other host system we had her test - the other user logged in with PCoIP

Deleted her Roaming profile, as well as the profile on the host PC - Still gets RDP only.

This user does work remotely from home via the View Security server, but so do about a dozen other people in the same pool who do not have this issue.

Not sure what's going on at this point.  It seems like something is setting for her account to use RDP over PCoIP.  The thing that's really odd is that this behavior follows her regardless of whatever host she logs in with.

Anyone have any ideas, I'd appreciate any assistance.

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If she changes her protocol to PCOIP and does a login, logoff, and then another login does it remember that she was PCOIP?    

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If she changes her protocol to PCOIP and does a login, logoff, and then another login does it remember that she was PCOIP?    

0 Kudos
rpawlicki
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, it did!  Thanks, had the user set to auto login through GPO, and (incorrectly) assumed that since PCoIP was set to default, it would always try that first.  Turns out, she had some problems connecting from home one night and started trying a bunch of options on her own, and may have selected RDP while logging from the security server.

You'd think that when something says "Default" that's what it would try first, guess not.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Just wait until you get to 4.5 and find out they stopped defaulting to RDP through the web interface.  It's really frustrating that you have to tell the user to switch back and forth between PCOIP and RDP depending on their location.  I guess that will be an issue until PCOIP is available through the security server. 

0 Kudos