VMware Horizon Community
Tearly9299
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View on Win8RT

I'm thinking of getting a Samsung ATIV tablet, and am weighing the checks and balances on the XE500 vs the XE700, one big one (the very reason I am looking for a device) is the vmware view client.

Dows windows RT support a version of VMware View?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The current version is a universal app (JavaScript-based) so it will install on all platforms.  The only way to get it right now is to side-load the app by downloading and extracting the zip file from the aforementioned link to your hard disk, navigating through the folders to find the .ps1 file, right-clicking, and selecting Run in Powershell.  If you follow all of the prompts and sign in using a Microsoft Account it will allow you to side-load the app.  However, you will not get updates automatically through the Windows Store.

Our app is currently making its way through the Windows Store approval process but we are running into some hiccups.  As a result, I can't estimate when it will be published.  If you wanted to try it out right now I would recommend downloading and side-loading it.  I will update the thread when the client is approved.  We will have a blog post out with more information about the requirements of the client (e.g. fully verifiable View Connection Server and tunnel server certificates) when we get Windows Store approval.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

As of now I dont think, since VMware has not released any documentation on it.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
Tearly9299
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok.  I see this link on VMware's website:  https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VIEWCRT_METRO_170&productId=266&rPId=3339

This is for Metro, but is it I86 only, or will it work on RT as well??? 

Anybody able to test this?

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The current version is a universal app (JavaScript-based) so it will install on all platforms.  The only way to get it right now is to side-load the app by downloading and extracting the zip file from the aforementioned link to your hard disk, navigating through the folders to find the .ps1 file, right-clicking, and selecting Run in Powershell.  If you follow all of the prompts and sign in using a Microsoft Account it will allow you to side-load the app.  However, you will not get updates automatically through the Windows Store.

Our app is currently making its way through the Windows Store approval process but we are running into some hiccups.  As a result, I can't estimate when it will be published.  If you wanted to try it out right now I would recommend downloading and side-loading it.  I will update the thread when the client is approved.  We will have a blog post out with more information about the requirements of the client (e.g. fully verifiable View Connection Server and tunnel server certificates) when we get Windows Store approval.

0 Kudos
Tearly9299
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wonderful, thats what I was wondering. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos