VMware Horizon Community
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert

VMware View Monitoring

I am looking for a product to monitor VMware View. I want to monitor usage as well as alerting for any problems. The initial metrics I am intereste din are:

Alert on Desktop errors

Plot historical usage

Alert on infrastructure errors

Monitor connection latency or the rto values present in the PCoIP logs.

Ideally this would be part of a wider monitoring suite which monitors for performance issues of the entire VMware environment (Desktops and Servers), but at this point I cant find a single product that does this.

Has anyone found any product like this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
squevill
Contributor
Contributor

Have you taken a look at eG Innovation products?  I am not sure if they have a full View reporting capability as of yet, but may be worth a look.

0 Kudos
xangatisteve
Contributor
Contributor

@JoJoGabor

Hello - I work for Xangati and our VDI Dashboard product addresses all of the metrics you have listed. Along with alerts, we also provide recordings at the time of desktop or infrastructure alerts that allow you to scroll back in forth in time to see exactly what was happening at the exact moment of the alert from the viewpoint of the desktop, datastore, server, network, VM or application. Here's a quick 3-minuite video overview of the Xangati VDI Dashboard.

We also were the monitoring solution VMware used at VMworld 2010 and 2011. Here's a quick 4-minute video of the VDI Dashboard used at the Hands On Labs at VMworld 2011 Las Vegas that talks about PCoIP and latency metrics.

Thanks for reading my reply,

Steve Rodgers

Xangati

Winner of Best of VMworld 2010 and 2011 finalist Award for Virtualization Management

0 Kudos
simonlam
Contributor
Contributor

The eG VDI Monitoring tool does what you are looking for - see http://www.eginnovations.com/web/vdimonitor.htm

Simon L.

0 Kudos