VMware Horizon Community
eightpieces
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Horizon 4.10.0 disconnects Windows 10 wifi connection

I just updated VMWare Horizon client for version 4.10.0 on my Windows 10 machine.  Now when I try to connect to my remote desktop, it disconnects my PC's wifi and drops the connection immediately.  If there are any errors messages, the are too fast for me to see.  Any ideas why this will not allow me to connect?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eightpieces
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Everything worked fine until the moment I upgraded to VMWare Horizon 4.10.0    Even reinstalling VMWare Horizon 4.8.1 did not resolve the problem.  Finally, I uninstalled VmWare, then did a massive search on my harddrive and registry for ANYTHING beginning with VMWare and deleted it.  After doing this and reinstalling  VMWare Horizon 4.8.1 everything works.  The blunt force solution saves the day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nettech1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you share your Horizon Client logs?

From the Client menu select Support Information -> Collect Support Data.  Support bundle will be saved on your desktop

Do you know what version of Horizon View is on the back end?

0 Kudos
eightpieces
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have VMware Horizon View 7 on the backend.  Will get logs shortly.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Just to clarify, you launch Horizon Client 4.10.0 on your Windows 10 physical machine to connect to a remote desktop. Once connected the Wi-Fi on your physical machine drops?

This sounds like an issue with the physical machine. I would make sure Windows 10 is up-to-date along with BIOS, firmware and drivers for it. If the problem persists try temporarily disabling/removing any anti-virus software.

0 Kudos
eightpieces
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Everything worked fine until the moment I upgraded to VMWare Horizon 4.10.0    Even reinstalling VMWare Horizon 4.8.1 did not resolve the problem.  Finally, I uninstalled VmWare, then did a massive search on my harddrive and registry for ANYTHING beginning with VMWare and deleted it.  After doing this and reinstalling  VMWare Horizon 4.8.1 everything works.  The blunt force solution saves the day.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

While it's great that you got it working I would not advise staying on an older version. It's important to keep both the Horizon infrastructure (connection server/horizon agent/UAG) and the Horizon Client current for new features, security and stability updates.

0 Kudos
eightpieces
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.  I totally agree.  But I'll have to wait until the "Powers That Be"  in our IT department resolve the issue on their end before I attempt any additional updates.  I have alerted them to the problem.

0 Kudos