VMware Horizon Community
kburden0002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using java applet in Windows

I'm evaluating View and I can't seem to figure out how to get the Java applet to launch when using a Windows based PC. My main thing is that when a user is on the road and they need access to their desktop I don't want them to have to install the View Client on a random computer. I just can't seemt to figure it out. A little help would be handy. Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi there,

the Java components are only used when you connect from a Linux or Mac device. When you are using a Windows PC with the View Potral, an ActiveX component will push the View client to the endpoint and the user there needs administrative rights to install it.

What you could do is, to ThinApp the View Client and give it to your users on a USB stick.

Thanks,

Christoph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi there,

the Java components are only used when you connect from a Linux or Mac device. When you are using a Windows PC with the View Potral, an ActiveX component will push the View client to the endpoint and the user there needs administrative rights to install it.

What you could do is, to ThinApp the View Client and give it to your users on a USB stick.

Thanks,

Christoph

0 Kudos