VMware Horizon Community
jcssi
Contributor
Contributor

Scanner Recommendations PCOIP Zero Client

I have a client who works remotely and currently has a P25 zero client.  Scanned images take about 40 minutes per page (yes he let it go to see how long it would take).

I had Wyse send me one if their thin clients and it seems a tad better but it is not a viable solution.

Does anyone have a good setup that seems to work with PCoiP, a zero client and a decent scanner over the internet?  I assume it is because his scanner is a little older and only has options to scan to jpeg and TIFF and the files are BIG.

I assume if I get a decent scanner that will scan black and white to pdf in a smaller file size it will work ok.

Desktop is Windows 7 x64.

Thanks!

J

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor

I've used Fujitsu 6130z's and Kyocera MFP's (FS-3140 specifically) however this was across a local LAN.  We have P25's as well however it's still slower than scanning on a PC and we do set DPI and color down to make the files smaller.  The thin client sounds like a good idea, something with an embedded OS to act as a buffer before sending the file over the internet.  For that matter a cheap PC with the view client installed might offer better performance. 

0 Kudos
jcssi
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I sent an email to Wyse to see if they have tried this.  I can't believe no one has a solution to this.  Seems like it would be a pretty common setup.

I am going to try one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838152011

See if I can get it to work at a some what decent rate.

Later!

0 Kudos