VMware Horizon Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Upgrading to Horizon View

Hello,

In preparation for our upgrade to Horizon View I am attempting to remove some legacy servers that we no longer use.  There are a total of four connection servers (Svr1,Svr2,Svr3,Svr4) howerver the only one that is being used actively is Srv2.  I am attempting to remove the three unnused connection servers by using the following KB:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101015...

To summarize:

1. Uninstall View connection and ADAM instance

2.  From the server that is going to remain in the replica group (Srv2) execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin\vdmadmin.exe" -S -r -s server_name

I have completed both steps.  When I run the command in step 2 I receive the message:

"The specified Connection Server has been schedule for removal from this confirguration."

Great!  So it appears to have worked!  The problem is that when I go to the administration page --> Servers --> View Connection Servers

I still see all four servers when there should now only be one left.  I have tried restarting the View Conenction service however this does not remove the legacy servers.  If the servers really have been scheduled for removal, what do I need to do to trigger them actually being removed??

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We figured this one out.  Looks like a really quirky bug in the GUI.  Once we enabled/disabled the servers from the administration page --> Servers --> View Connection Servers they just disappeared on their own.  Is there anywhere I can repor this as a bug?  Surely other people are going to encounter this in their upgrade processes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We figured this one out.  Looks like a really quirky bug in the GUI.  Once we enabled/disabled the servers from the administration page --> Servers --> View Connection Servers they just disappeared on their own.  Is there anywhere I can repor this as a bug?  Surely other people are going to encounter this in their upgrade processes.

0 Kudos