VMware Horizon Community
chennaiNavi
Contributor
Contributor

Provisioning Error Occurred for machine VM2 :Cloning failed for machine & for VM1: View Composer Fault:

Hello Everyone,

Kindly help me in resolving this issue: Once VM's are provisioning and then all the provisioned VM's gets deleted automatically.

Background: -

I was just trying my hands on VMware Hrizon 5.2 for creating VDI's and Virtualising Windows XP based Apps. I am trying to setup a small Virtual lab having 4 to 10 users accessing the virtual machine and the app.

I have gone through all the necessary requirements for CPU's, Memory and other hardware stuffs and all of them are available. I have installed all the components of VMWare Horizon 5.2 version (Consistent with View Composer, Agent and Connection Server). I have three Nodes:

Physical Node 1: Windows Domain Controller (WIN Server08R2)

Physical Node 2: Vcenter & Composer(WIN Server08R2)

Physical Node 3: Esxi one 36GB and 1TB (One Datastore) and Two CPU's (Octa Core)

All these nodes are connected to domain and are part of it.

Vcentre Host and Clusters have this domain which has the DC1 and within which one host(connected to ESXI) is available with one data store and complete pool.

No certificate errors. In View Admin Console dashboards all are green.

Parent VM has VMware Tools and agent

All proper snapshots are created.

Once i start provisioning the VM's from View Admin Console  and i check the tasks in Vcenter everything happens smoothly 1. Clone Virtual  Machine, 2. Add Tag, 3. Reconfigure Virtual Machine.

After this automatically, these set of tasks also execute:

1. Delete File

2. Delete Virtual Machine

When seen the Events in View Admin Console IT SHOWS errors like:

View Composer Fault:Null for VM

Provisioning Error Occurred for machine VM2 :Cloning failed for machine.

I am not able to create any VDI's. Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue.

Thank you

3 Replies
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please check the following!

The View Composer Guest Agent log file located at %system_drive%\Windows\Temp\vmware-viewcomposer-ga-new.log

For view 7.x, the quick prep log is located at %system_drive%\Windows\Temp\vmware\vmware-viewcomposer-ga-new.log

LOG FILE EXAMPLE:

View Composer agent initialization state error (18): Failed to join the domain (waited nnn seconds).

[1700] INFO SvmGa - [svmGa.cpp, 654] Domain join failed with 18

[1776] FATAL VolumesReady - [VolumesReady.cpp, 129] Joining Domain failed for 1 times.

[836] INFO CSvmGaService - [svmGaService.cpp, 256] Successfully parsed the policy and disk signatures

[836] DEBUG CSvmGaService - [svmGaService.cpp, 113] Joining domain

[836] INFO Guest - [Guest.cpp, 248] Attempting to join Test1 to the domain vmw-dc.local

[836] FATAL Guest - [Guest.cpp, 261] Domain join failed: 1265

[836] FATAL CSvmGaService - [svmGaService.cpp, 116] Domain join failedError 1265 (0x4f1): The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

POSSIBLY:

The administrator lacks permissions to access the selected datastore.

Double-check the user account to see whether it has proper permissions to create a pool and access the vSphere infrastructure. NOT having the proper permissions in AD can cause provisioning to fail. Plus, you need to look where you're placing the VMs in the AD "OU"

ALSO CHECK:

The datastore assigned to the pool is out of disk space.

Check that there is enough free space on the datastore that you configured for the pool. If there’s not enough free space on the datastore that you configured the pool to use, no Desktops will be created.

Raul.

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud
chennaiNavi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Raul,

Thank you for pin pointing me the aspect where it might have went wrong. That error got fixed. Now Pools are getting created, but when i check the desktops (In view admini console 5.2 version), the desktops created show the status of Error:

POLLING PROGRESS FAILURE:polling progress failure java.lang.interruptedexception

pairing state: In pairing

Configured by: Viewadmin host systemname.domain

Attempted theft by:

I am getting this error for past 5 hours and not able to resolve.

Kindly suggest. If the error is again in permissions, kindly briefly explain which permissions and users should i check for. Is it in AD or Vcentre roles?

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please refer to these KB articles:

1. The connection refused message is normally related either with permission or bad username and password or account lock.

LINK: Minimum permissions required for View Composer (1007659) | VMware KB

2. After you make sure that the permissions are right, restart the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View

LINK: Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381...

Raul.

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud
0 Kudos