VMware Horizon Community
joelsmithstoon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Programs installed on Master image don't remain after reboot.

I'm creating a Win7 Master image. The OS instance worked fine, but when I log in using my domain admin creds and install programs on the image they will be gone after I do a reboot. The consultant I'm working with follows the exact same procedure and is able to install without issue. I've checked local groups and the domain admins are setup to be local admins. Is there some kind of permission I'm missing for my username, in View or something for example? I'm 100% stumped at this point.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Uninstall that, and then install everything else you need then reinstall it. If you logon while that agent is active it will start redirecting stuff, that's why its usually ok to install stuff after it before you reboot, but as soon as you reboot its active.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is appvolumes or something similar installed? Any sort of file system filter software like appvolumes or fslogix are designed to redirect writes to those agents, which causes anything to be installed after them in a lot of cases to be lost.

0 Kudos
joelsmithstoon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes we are using Appvolumes for some of the installs.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Uninstall that, and then install everything else you need then reinstall it. If you logon while that agent is active it will start redirecting stuff, that's why its usually ok to install stuff after it before you reboot, but as soon as you reboot its active.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos