VMware Horizon Community
AlexJoda
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse support for View on iPad

T‌he only comfortable and productive way to operate a Windows OS remotely is still with a mouse. Since some other iPad remote control solutions supports Bluetooth mice for the iPad (e.g. Citrix with X1 mouse and Jump Desptop with the Swiftpoint mouse, all without jailbreaking) it would be very pleasing to have mouse support for Horizon View too. Although the pencil is now supported it is still worlds apart from using a real mouse. We tried it with Jump Desktop and the X1 mouse at the weekend and is was amazing (although I must say that PCoIP shows a much better remote performance than RDP).

So please support iPad compatible BT mice with the next release. It should not be too difficult after supporting the pencil....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bowler357
Contributor
Contributor

‌Yes! I second this request.  I use Jump to administer hundreds of servers and View stations and love the Citrix X1.  It's a real step backwards when I switch back to the View app for my desktop. My users are very vocal about the inability to use physical mice on their iPads.  Luckily they haven't realized that Jump now supports it (as we switced from RDS to Horizon View for our iPad users about a year ago). 

0 Kudos
jt0572
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but I've been using the Swiftpoint GT mouse with my iPad Pro for a few months now and its great. Give it a shot!

0 Kudos
NJSanders
Contributor
Contributor

I had my company buy me this mouse specifically so i could use it on my ipad while in meetings to fully utilize excel... however i cannot get it to work.  any tricks?  I've reached out to both the swiftpoint and VMWare and haven't heard anything back.  I've followed the instructions to pair, verified it works by using it on other devices, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

0 Kudos
YunYiQun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Could you follow the document below to see if it works for you?

Enable a Swiftpoint GT Mouse in Horizon Client

0 Kudos