VMware Horizon Community
luminous00
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to stop the View Connection server timeout with the View client using PCoIP?

We have a demo running in our Library using Novell and we have it setup so that users don't notice any difference between the physical desktops and the virtual desktops. I notice that the connections to these idle workstations are timing out and reconnecting (we currently have the view client setup as a shell for xp instead of explorer.exe). Is there a way to prevent these workstations from timing out so they constantly stay connected waiting for a user to login? We're using PCoIP therefore the terminal services group policy GPOs won't work, correct?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Outside of the GPO method of setting time out values there is also a session timeout that is configured through the View admin console. It should be accessible under the configuration, global settings tab. As far as GPO timeouts applying to PCOIP I can't comment as we primarily utilize RDP for our environment.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
luminous00
Contributor
Contributor

I found the setting you were referring to which was set to 600 minutes before i touched it though they were still timing out a lot. I changed the setting to 1440 minutes to see if it lasts all day, we'll see.

0 Kudos