VMware Horizon Community
Remmie63
Contributor
Contributor

Installation failure of VMware-Horizon-Client

Who can help? I'm trying to install: VMware-Horizon-Client-4.9.0-9539668.exe on my 64 bit windows 7 laptop. Initially installation seems to go well. But when the  installation progress bar is 100% it suddenly walks back and when reached 0% the error message is: "Installation failed". No further error messages. I've also tried to install 32 bit version with the same result. My windows updates are up to date so anyone knows what the problem could be?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
serinfbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I had some trouble to install VMware View Horizon Client 4.9.

I needed to install NET framework 4.6.1. The setup failed like yours and looking the logs from the installation, it failed to install hcmon.inf (windows couldn't verify as signed driver)

The computer's updates were 2013 old as the wsus service was disabled.

Then I tried to update Windows with kb4343900 or kb4457144 and it fixed the issue.

Hope it might help you.

0 Kudos
Remmie63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thnx for your quick reply. Unfortunately the actions did not work. kb4457144 was already installed by auto update and I couldn't get kb4343900 installed. I already had Net framework 7.2 installed so that couldn't be an issue. I even tried installing previous versions of VmWare Horizon (4.6.1) which also didn't work.

Thnx again for your effort.

0 Kudos
nzdude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Download and install VC++ Redistributable 2017 (I installed x86 and x64), and then re-try.  Get it from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

0 Kudos