I can't push from my golden

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, @MCintra 

What are the problems?
Does the problem occur with instant cloning?
Can you reproduce the problem?
Do you have a Horizon Agent installed with Instant Clone enabled on the Golden VM?

Are there any error messages in the Horizon Console when the problem occurs? Please give us a screenshot.

Without understanding what you are struggling with, I can't comment.

0 Kudos
MCintra
Contributor
Contributor

What are the problems?
1-I generate the golden snapshot and run the "schedule push image"

In the events appear Module "Vlsl" + Message "intranet.cesgranrio.org.br\amc scheduled a push image operation in desktop TI"
After a few minutes, the message appears "Image Publish initiated by SchedulePushImage for Pool ti failed for Image [VM=/DC VDI/vm/VDI-BKP-DIARIO/Golden11v2, Snapshot=/16may, State=PUBLISHING]"
It is "
Image Unpublished initiated by SchedulePushImage for Pool ti succeeded for Image [VM=/DC VDI/vm/VDI-BKP-DIARIO/Golden11v2, Snapshot=/May 16, State=UNPUBLISHING]"
I researched and saw that it could be Trendmicro Apexone. I uninstalled it and it really worked. I used the post below to re-install the antivirus and include the recommended exceptions but without success.
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2082045 

Does the problem occur with instant cloning? No.
Is it possible to reproduce the problem? Yes.
Do you have a Horizon Agent installed with Instant Clone enabled on the Golden VM? Yes.
Are there any error messages on the Horizon console when the issue occurs? Please give us a screenshot.
Is attached.
Without understanding what you are struggling with, I cannot comment.
I agree. Pardon me.

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, @MCintra 

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Completely from an acquaintance, when creating a pool of instant clones on Horizon 2111, there was a situation where a snapshot was not created on the cp-replica VM.

It seems that if the snapshot did not exist in the cp-replica VM, the instant clone could not create the virtual machine, so it was an Image Push error.

At that time, he told me the KB he was referring to.

UNKNOWN_FAULT_FATAL: Failed to retrieve snapshot for the vm : cp-replica-X Instant Clone Creation Error (91750)
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/91750

My friend seems to have checked to see if the problem reproduces itself on Horizon 2111.1.

He said that the error message below no longer appears in Horizon 2111.1 and that the problem has been resolved.

=====
BROKER_PROVISIONING_PUBLISH_IMAGE_FAILED Image Publish initiated by SchedulePushImage for Pool xxxxx failed for Image [VM=/xxxxxxxxxx/vm/ xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xx/xxx/VM_name
=====

But it seems the problem still occurs on Horizon 2303.

Maybe I should try following the KB for now?
If it doesn't improve, check Horizon 2111.1 to see if the problem is reproducible.

If it doesn't go away, I may have to collect the cp-replica debug logs and contact VMware...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MCintra
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning Yukiafronia, I managed to solve it by applying the kb recommendations below.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2082045 

Thanks for the interest shown.

All good for you.

0 Kudos