VMware Horizon Community
febsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon View 5.2 - Can't loging via HTML Access

Hi all,

I've followed this steps:

1. I've installed Vmware View html access in my View Horizon Connection Server without any issues.
  2. I've installed "VMware-Horizon-View-5.2-Remote-Experience-Agent-1.0-1046150" in my VM which i will use in my test pool.
  3. I've build a new POOL and entitled one test user. Right now all steps  have gone ok.

But when i try to connect to my VDI i can connect via VIEW HORIZION Client but not via html access. Via html access i can login but i can't connect to my VDI because it shows this message:

You are not entitled to use the system.

Why it works with view client and not via html access??? Anyone could help me????

Regards

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tanwk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Go to your desktop pool and enable the check box for HTML Access.  Default is uncheck.

Please note desktop on Windows XP is having some bug.  Only Windows 7 and 8 working.

Blog: http://plain-virt.blogspot.com
Twitter: @tanwk3
LinkedIn: http://sg.linkedin.com/in/weekiongtan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tanwk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Go to your desktop pool and enable the check box for HTML Access.  Default is uncheck.

Please note desktop on Windows XP is having some bug.  Only Windows 7 and 8 working.

Blog: http://plain-virt.blogspot.com
Twitter: @tanwk3
LinkedIn: http://sg.linkedin.com/in/weekiongtan
0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

for me html access would not work unless the windows firewall was enabled on the parent vm and as a result on the linked clones

once i enabled the windows firewall everyting worked as expected

0 Kudos
febsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Tanwk,

I hadn't enable HMTL Access in my pool. Sorry all, i've begun to install HMTL Access without read first all documentation Smiley Sad

And yes, I'm trying to use HTML Access in a Windows XP pool.

Because Vmware Blast service requires Windows Firewall will be enabled i've add an inboud rule to allow the traffic to 22443 tcp port but the result always is this:

An error has occurred: {"code":"ECONNRESET"}

I hope VMware resolve this issue as soon as possible

Thanks

0 Kudos
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you considered turning the firewall on and disabling the rules for the domain, public, and private sections?  The default port for html access is 8443.  For troubleshooting purposes I would just leave the firewall on but disable the rules.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

2. In the navigation pane, right-click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer, and then click Properties.

3. On each of the Domain Profile, Private Profile, and Public Profile tabs, change the Firewall state option to Off (not recommended).

4. Click OK to save your changes.

Or just create a rule to allow everything.

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

As pointed out, the "not entitled" error message is the wrong one. This is being tracked as a bug and should get fixed in a future release. In case anyone needs to change this for their users after installing feature pack 1, it can be done by editing the files served up by the server. NOTE: this is technically unsupported, make sure you backup any changed files and restore them if problems occur.

1. On the connection server, go to <installpath>\Server\broker\webapps\portal\webclient\controllers

2. Open up controller.js in a text editor

3. Locate the string  $("#entitleWarningMessage").text(_("You are not entitled to use the system.")) and replace it with $("#entitleWarningMessage").text(_("HTML access is not enabled for your desktop(s)."))

4. Clear your browser cache and try it out

Mike

[Edit: this won't affect users that really aren't entitled - the standard not entitled message comes from the broker, the one in this javascript file is specific to the case where the protocol is not supported]

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi vedeht,

My apologies for your trouble!  If you haven't yet gotten XP to work, here are some things to check:

• Ensure that the Windows install on our XP machines has been "Activiated" with Microsoft. If XP is still in its "pre-activation" mode you'll see an ECONNRESET error.
  • You can receive this message against XP if you log out from the desktop and then try to log in again via HTML Access within 2 minutes.  The workaround for this is to wait at least two minutes before logging in again.
  • If you are connected to an XP VM directly via RDP (outside of the View) while attempting to connect via Blast, you may receive this error.  (This is easy to do if you've just installed the Feature Pack on the VM using RDP, and haven't rebooted or disconnected in the meantime.)

Please let me know if any of the above help, or if you're still seeing the issue.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
joe90kane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Delete this reg key from the parent VM & Linked Clones.

HKLM/Software/VMware Inc/Blast/Config/SSLHash

0 Kudos