VMware Horizon Community
hdhjclark
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Golden Image and VD customization

I have a weird scenario that I trying to work out. 

I am working on a new deployment that I am being told requires the VM to be logged in as a unique username, that must be a domain user, and the user will only be used on the partucular VM that it is assigned to. For instance. 

I have 5 rooms that are all going to connect to Horizon. Each room has a endpoint that is named FLoor1RM1 - Floor1RM5. the software that will run on the VM needs to know exactly what machine it is from, and it does it by the logged in user. So, the goal, though I admit this might be impossible, is for each VM to start then autologin to a user named Floor1RM1. Then wait until the computer named Floor1RM1 needs the virtual machine. Then the endpoint somehow gets assigned the correct VM that is logged in as the right user, so the software knows where it is. 

First, I can't figure out how to tell 1 endpoint to only get the instant clone I want it to. It is a pool and my only experience is, you get a random machine from the pool.

Second, its an instant clone. I can't figure out how I could possibly script or cloneprep or even GPO my way to that specific VM logging in to the username I want it to. My only experience is with Autoadminlogin. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on how i might accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

From what I understand, you need to make sure that the client connects to a specific VM. You can create a dedicated pool instead of floating and assign users to the VMs manually. This way they will always be connected to the same VM every time.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos