VMware Horizon Community
John_ts
Contributor
Contributor

Error while "Configure View to Recognize the vCenter Lookup Service"

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up a view horizon environment. Everything seems to be ok.

I am at the point where I have to "Configure View to Recognize the vCenter Lookup Service"

As described at the doc (VMware View 5.2 Documentation Library), I issued the command

regtool.cmd configureLookupService -u mayadmin@domain.local -ld https://myvcenter:7444/lookupservice/sdk -lt thumbprint

The result of this is

Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set. Using Connection Server JRE.

[myadmin@domain.local's Password:]

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.VmodlContextImpl).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Error: The security certificate presented by this Lookup Service was not issued

by a trusted certificate authority. The thumbprint of the certificate is

39:D6:70:D0:30:ED:B9:06:79:0F:E5:88:7C:E1:9D:54:B2:04:BB:7F

Return code: -1

According to the document the return code must be 0

Unfortunately I cannot find anything at the event log in order to identify what the return code is caused by.

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
John_ts
Contributor
Contributor

By my mistake I was writing the thumbprint wrong. I corrected it and now I am getting this error.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code: 404

at com.vmware.vdi.install.cli.commands.ConfigLSCommand.request(ConfigLSC

ommand.java:39)

at com.vmware.vdi.install.cli.commands.RemoteCommand.execute(RemoteComma

nd.java:178)

at com.vmware.vdi.install.cli.RegTool.process(RegTool.java:32)

at com.vmware.vdi.install.cli.RegTool.main(RegTool.java:22)

Caused by: com.vmware.vdi.vlsi.binding.vdi.fault.ConfigurationFault:

thumbprint = null

inherited from com.vmware.vdi.vlsi.binding.vdi.fault.ViewVlsiServerFault:

errorCode = Configuration Fault,

errorMessage = Configuration Fault

inherited from com.vmware.vdi.vlsi.binding.vdi.fault.ConfigurationFault: Unexpec

ted status code: 404

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou

rce)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.ComplexTypeImpl.newInstance(Comp

lexTypeImpl.java:171)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.types.impl.DefaultDataObjectFactory.newData

Object(DefaultDataObjectFactory.java:26)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.ComplexStackContext.

<init>(ComplexStackContext.java:33)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$Unm

arshallSoapFaultContext.parse(UnmarshallerImpl.java:135)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl$Unm

arshallSoapFaultContext.unmarshall(UnmarshallerImpl.java:98)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.soap.impl.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unm

arshalSoapFault(UnmarshallerImpl.java:84)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.SoapFaultStackContext.setValu

e(SoapFaultStackContext.java:37)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseUnmarshaller.unmarsha

l(ResponseUnmarshaller.java:97)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.unmarshalRespons

e(ResponseImpl.java:245)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.ResponseImpl.setResponse(Resp

onseImpl.java:203)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpExchange.run(HttpExchange.j

ava:126)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.http.impl.HttpProtocolBindingImpl.send(Ht

tpProtocolBindingImpl.java:98)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$C

allExecutor.sendCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:526)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl$C

allExecutor.executeCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:507)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.c

ompleteCall(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:295)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.i

nvokeOperation(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:265)

at com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.impl.MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.i

nvoke(MethodInvocationHandlerImpl.java:169)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy24.configureLS(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.vdi.install.cli.commands.ConfigLSCommand.request(ConfigLSC

ommand.java:28)

... 3 more

Return code: -1

0 Kudos