VMware Horizon Community
eccl1213
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disposable Disk placement

Anybody know of a way to set the datastore for the disposable disk in View5?

We are using SSD drives to store the replica and the OS Disk, but use a SAS array for the persisent drives.

The disposable disk is getting palced on the same datastore as the OS disk.  With the SSD arrary space at a premimeum I'd like to move the disposable disk to the SAS arrary but dont see an option for it.

ADSI has an option to change the drive letter but I dont see an option for the datastore.

I do see this option pae-SVIVmDatastore which has types of: data, os and replcia.

I'm wondering if there is a hidden type for the disposable disk.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have never seen an option to move the disposable disk nor any post detailing how to do it.   It might be worthwhile to open a ticket with VMware to see if this is possible.

0 Kudos
chillware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please post if you find an answer, I'm interested in ths as well. Seems odd there is no way to specify a different datastore by default. Isnt one of the main reasons of this option to seperate the disposable files from the OS?

Having them on my OS datastore eats up my snapshot and replication space on my san. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
royberk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interestingly enough I just opened a feature request with VMWare for this particular feature; as it does not already exist.

You are also not able to place OS Disk,Disposable,Persistent on a subfolder within /(root) of a datastore.

Im hoping this will be released in the next build

There is a pae-vmDatastore field but unfortunately without major tweaking, it does not stick once provisioning or recomposing a pool.

0 Kudos