VMware Horizon Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Customization issue for windows 7 64 bit.

hi i am trying to deply machine from windows 7 64 bit template .  problem i am facing is my vm after deplyoment are not joining to domain as they required. they joined to the workgroup. i have created one cutomization wizard where all the required information i mentioned.

is any specific configuration required for windows 7 64 bit.

Ravi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No Special configuration is required specific to Windows 7 64 bit.

Where are you facing this issue ? In VC or View.

If iit is in VC then check the network settings of teh custom sepc for proper DNS configuration to reach the domain.

The issue will be mostle the domain is unreachble from the deployed VMs

If the issue is in View Desktop deployments then refer blog Common errors with SVI Pools and View Composer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No Special configuration is required specific to Windows 7 64 bit.

Where are you facing this issue ? In VC or View.

If iit is in VC then check the network settings of teh custom sepc for proper DNS configuration to reach the domain.

The issue will be mostle the domain is unreachble from the deployed VMs

If the issue is in View Desktop deployments then refer blog Common errors with SVI Pools and View Composer

0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for your reply.

i have created windows t 64 bit template and one cutomization spec for windows 7 deplyoment on VC . Parent windows 7 machine is a part of domain and carrying statis ipaddress.

when i depploy virual machine from it or composer clones whicle selecting the customization spec the machine created will not be a part of domain.

machine created successfully by the name of specs i select but they all are not able to be a prt of not by customization spec( which they are refering too)

Ravi
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do I understand correctly that you have configured a static IP? That will not work, you need to use DHCP.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,
The Parent Image to Composer, or the Template to Automatic Pool have to use DHCP instead of Static IP Address.
You have to set a DHCP service, and make it available to the View Desktops created with Composer or Automated Pool.
The linked clones, or the desktops created with an Automated Pool have to get an dynamic IP address before they can be joined to an Active Directory Domain.
Best Regards
Patricio Cerda
Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,

i used custom specification and provide manual DNS and WINS information.After that everything looks cool. All machines are joining domain successfully.

Ravi
0 Kudos