VMware Horizon Community
jeff5144
Contributor
Contributor

Changing VMWare View homepage.

I've been trying to find decent documentation on how to change the View Homepage and have bits and pieces that I've compiled. If anyone has any additional comments to add....Please do!

Thank you

• 1. Navigate to DriveLetter:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\ styles\default which displays the .GIF files.

• 2. To change the logo navigate to DriveLetter😕\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\ styles\default\ and edit/replace the file banner_logo.gif

• 3. To change the image banner_vmware.gif which located on the top left corner go to DriveLetter😕Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\styles\default.

• 4. To change the "Title of the Page", you modify in notepad: DriveLetter😕Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\styles\default\style.css.

• 5. To change the graphic file (the .ico) replace favicon.ico located in DriveLetter😕Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\.ico*

• 6.DriveLetter😕Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\web.xml holds all the data

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sclausson
Contributor
Contributor

Great post. I was only able to figure out how change the GIFS, but I will follow your guidance on changing the fav icon and the page title. One thing that I cannot figure out is how to change the large VMware Blue banner (the one that the icons sit in front of) to another color. It is represented as <tr style="height: 66px; background-color: #41649c;"> on the page source. I've tried changing all instances of #41649c in Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\ROOT\styles\default\style.css but that had no effect (changed #41649c to #000000) as I want a black background banner.

Anyone able to change this? thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
JohnVUB
Contributor
Contributor

it would be nice if I could add our institutions logo to the view client interface (where we log in and choose an available desktop)

Somebody who knows a way to do so?

0 Kudos