VMware Horizon Community
esboces
Contributor
Contributor

BAS Device Bridge BAS plugin Fingerprint scanner

Does anyone know where to obtain the file they specify in the link below?  The BAS Installer-Silent 2.0.0.7.exe doesnt seem to exist anywhere that I can find and I am trying to test a fingerprint scanner through horizon view using the Device Bridge BAS plugin.  If I use the connect usb option through the client it is so slow it is unusable.  Thanks.

Install the Device Bridge BAS Plugin

0 Kudos
11 Replies
esboces
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have any experience with the fingerprint scanners feature added in horizon 7.4?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We are working with our VMware account and EUC team to setup a meeting for them to demo it. It's a new feature that was just released with Horizon 7.4.0 and our VMware team is not very familiar with it yet.

0 Kudos
airray123
Contributor
Contributor

The plugin can be found when you install the horizon agent.  Its under the custom setup, all the way at the bottom. 

0 Kudos
esboces
Contributor
Contributor

I have installed this plugin in the agent already but the support article says to "Obtain the Smartchip Biometric Authentication System (BAS) third party software BAS Installer-Silent 2.0.0.7.exe" and that software doesnt seem to exist anywhere.  I've tried contacting the companies that make the fingerprint scanners that they say are approved and I get no response at all. 

0 Kudos
airray123
Contributor
Contributor

Ah i see.  I am using a fingerprint scanner from Verifi and that works well with horizon when the windows os is locked.  I have a feature request to have that enabled at the horizon connection gui on a zero client.  What is special about BAS? 

0 Kudos
esboces
Contributor
Contributor

Im hoping it makes the scanners performance better.  We are using a usb fingerprint scanner to enroll fingerprints into a piece of software for timeclocks and when you pass it over using a regular usb connection the performance is so slow it makes it basically unusable

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

airray123​ Would you be willing to do a call or email exchange to talk about your experience? We are very interested in fingerprint scanners to use in lieu of passwords for our users.

0 Kudos
airray123
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, I'll pm you my number.

0 Kudos
airray123
Contributor
Contributor

BenFB i keep getting a red pop with no errors when sending you a PM. Why dont you pm me.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I sent you a message.

0 Kudos
airray123
Contributor
Contributor

BenFB​, sorry i completely forgot about following up, it was a Friday Smiley Happy.  I didn't get your message though. 

0 Kudos