VMware Cloud Community
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

console during installation!!!

hi,

I'm trying to insatll esx 4 on my host but when it wants to load drivers when loading 72.ipmi it hangs up and doesn proceed.

I found a solution to this problem here: http://www.vm-help.com/esx40i/install_upgrade_issues.php

and it says that I should access the console but I don't know how to access the console.

can anybody help me please???

0 Kudos
8 Replies
prashanthbgoud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you are trying to Upgrade or a new installation?

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful" Best Regards, Prashanth
0 Kudos
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

a new installation!

0 Kudos
prashanthbgoud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Document speaks about the existing installation. if already installed and you have issue when starting up!!!

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful" Best Regards, Prashanth
0 Kudos
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

I think that wasn't realy a solution because I don't have any /etc directory when i havn't install esx.

so my problem is this:

when I'm trying to install esx while trying to load drivers it hangs out and doesn't proceed when loading 72.ipmi.

so can anybody help me now?!

0 Kudos
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

yes!!!

thank you so I have a diffrent problem now Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
prashanthbgoud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

on which BOX you are trying to Install??? Is that listed in vmware HCG???

0 Kudos
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how to know if the computer is in vmwares HCG.

it's not my computer and I don't know how to find it's vendor and other features.

but it's cpu model is: intel xeon e5520 (I got this from bios setup utility).

0 Kudos
vandermonde
Contributor
Contributor

It is an "EDENSE ed104h" server chassis and edense is not in in vmware's hcg vendors list.

so does it mean that I can not install esx on my computer?!

0 Kudos