VMware Cloud Community
pratush1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to connect to the MKS

hi All,

I more often see the below message and i know i can fix by moving them to  a different host by vmotion. But i want to proactively know which all VM has got this problem so taht i can write a script to vmotion them automatically.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratush1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked all that it is setup as it should be. What i am looking here in this forum is there should be a file or something which i can look to find if a machine has that "MKS error"

Basically in other words, lets say i have 10000 VM's in my VC how do i know which VM's are affected by this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check your network connection with the specific host and check its firewall configurations especially.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
0 Kudos
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Also check VMkernel gateway setting

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct
0 Kudos
pratush1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked all that it is setup as it should be. What i am looking here in this forum is there should be a file or something which i can look to find if a machine has that "MKS error"

Basically in other words, lets say i have 10000 VM's in my VC how do i know which VM's are affected by this problem.

0 Kudos
pratush1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
pratush1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just to put more lights to it......

Here is a scenerio where i have seen it multiple time and in 2 VC

if you try to run services.sh restart on the host which has got VM's running on it and the host is in a cluster all VM's running on that host shows this problem.

0 Kudos
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Normally, this error appear due to a firewall or network connectivity issue. Will you be able to check that?

I came across with the same error and fixed after changing my firewall rules,

Aruna Lakmal Virtualization Professional | vExpert and a Blogger
0 Kudos