VMware Cloud Community
glmonarch
Contributor
Contributor

PSOD on ESXi 5.5.0, 1892794

Hello all!

One of my ESXi servers shows this PSOD (in attachment, sorry for image quality). Anybody knows what does it mean?

Tthis server is a member of 4-member cluster.

Thx a lot.

Tags (3)
9 Replies
JarryG
Expert
Expert

"non-maskable interrupt" event is probably a result of some hardware problem, which could not be auto-corrected:

VMware KB: Identifying and addressing Non-Maskable Interrupt events on an ESX/ESXi host

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I could see MCE on the PSOD screen. This indicates isssue with Hardware

Please refer vmkernel logs to get more insight on this issue.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
0 Kudos
glmonarch
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for the link. I'll read it.

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What is the model of the HP server and what hp drivers are installed?

0 Kudos
Pradeepadapa43
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have received the exact same error on one of our HP BL460 G8 and it was an hardware issue, however in troubleshooting with HP, we have decided to install all the firmware upgrades and the latest HP SPP (09/2014) and after booting the server back, everything was fine. the hardware health changed to normal instead of an red x mark.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Pradeep Adapa
glmonarch
Contributor
Contributor

HP Proliant DL580 G5 was updated from HP Service Pack DVD 2014.06

0 Kudos
glmonarch
Contributor
Contributor

Thx, for your reply, but HP SPP 2014.09 does not support my G5. Only HP SPP 2014.06 support it.

0 Kudos
Vdex_ie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Get your HW vendor to perform memory and hardware diagnostics. Make sure BIOS is up to Date.

0 Kudos
glmonarch
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that the server died. After switching on there is no signal on the monitor and the fans run continuously at high speed. Apparently, it is a problem with hardware.

Thx to all for replies!

0 Kudos