VMware Cloud Community
ToreUthus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

KB5022842 and ESXi 6.5

Hi.
We still (unfortunately) have some 6.5 ESXi hosts left.

Anyone knows if these will be afftected?

Or is it only 6.7.x and 7.0.x? (Before patching to latest)   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToreUthus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi. Just some update.

I had 15 VMs with Win2022 with vHW13 and secure boot set, running om ESXi 6.5.

None of them got any issues.

But are of course upgrading to 7.0.x

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Giving credit to this KB article: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/90947 we are talking about rather specific versions and there is no reference to version 6.5 of the ESXi product. Then, as we know, the documented problem specifically affects systems built around virtual machines running some edition of the "Microsoft Windows Server 2022" operating system.

But in my view the point is another, since the remedy consists in upgrading to the version of ESXi 7.0U3k or 8.0x discussing previous versions (and perhaps one no longer supported today) leave some time for it.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@ToreUthus,

As you may know, ESXi 6.5 and even 6.7 reached End of Life, and that KB also applies to 6.5.

However, you could have more unexpected issues as Windows Server 2022 is not supported for ESXi 6.5 as you can see in VMware HCL: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=software&testConfig=16&prod...

If you can upgrade, I encourage you to do it till version 7 at least to apply the proper patches for that KB and to receive support in case something happens.

0 Kudos
ToreUthus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi. Just some update.

I had 15 VMs with Win2022 with vHW13 and secure boot set, running om ESXi 6.5.

None of them got any issues.

But are of course upgrading to 7.0.x

Tags (1)
0 Kudos