VMware Cloud Community
Olek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Evaluation for vSphere how exactly its works

Hello,

I will need to install two ESX4.0 on two blade servers and use VC to manage this in addition to make a DR demo for a customer. I am currently a little bit lost with trial licenses because doing this first time for vSphere. For ESX 3.5 in the past I just asked for trial keys. Now if I understand correctly (please correct me if I am wrong) no trial keys are needed at all and all vSphere products without entering proper serial key will function for some time (60 days?) correctly. So I do not need any keys at all now for a demo just need to download binaries. Please confirm I am right here and take into consideration that i need to install TWO esx servers and one vcs. In the past I needed more licenses.

Thank you in the advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkumhar75
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For installing the vSphere you will not need a license for the evaluation version.But for the virtual center you need a license to manage the ESX servers.

MCSE, VCP 310,VCP 410.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Jayprakash VCP3,VCP4,MCSE 2003 http://kb.vmware.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jkumhar75
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For installing the vSphere you will not need a license for the evaluation version.But for the virtual center you need a license to manage the ESX servers.

MCSE, VCP 310,VCP 410.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Jayprakash VCP3,VCP4,MCSE 2003 http://kb.vmware.com/
0 Kudos
chimoe125
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If your a VMware reseller you can get 8 CPU lics of VMware ENterprise and 2 VMware vCenter server lics along with about a bunch of every other product VMware makes. 100k worth of software for Demo or Internal Use. You should consider looking into it.