VMware Horizon Community
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Folder in My Documents

We want to create a folder in My Documents (Documents) with a shortcut to that folder.  When I edit this policy, there is not a folder for My Documents.  I try to create a My Documents folder with the subfolder in the default folders.  I have also tried creating a My Documents folder in the UserProfile folder.  Does anybody have an idea how I can do this?

BTW, the My Documents is being redirected.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

You should use the 'Personal' folder token in UEM for this.

This 'Personal' Folder token represents the Documents folder. Please give it a try and let me know the result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

You should use the 'Personal' folder token in UEM for this.

This 'Personal' Folder token represents the Documents folder. Please give it a try and let me know the result.

Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Pim,

Is there documentation somewhere that details a description of the folders? I looked in the UEM documentation, but it does not give any detailed information on each folder, like 'Personal'.

Mike_A
0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

You can use the following folder tokens:

Each version of Windows might translate to a different folder, but on Windows 10, these locations are used:

<AppData>           C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming

<Cookies>          C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies

<Desktop>           C:\Users\%username%\Desktop

<Favorites>           C:\Users\%username%\Favorites

<LocalAppData>     C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local

<NetHood>           C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts

<Personal>           C:\Users\%username%\Documents

<PrintHood>           C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts

<ProgramsMenu>     C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

<SendTo>           C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

<StartMenu>          C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

<StartupMenu>     C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

<UserProfile>          C:\Users\%username%