VMware Cloud Community
ssahoo46
Contributor
Contributor

VMware converter showing SSL error while selecting destination vcenter login

VMware converter showing SSL error while selecting destination vcenter login please help on this.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
ssahoo46
Contributor
Contributor

please explain single ESXi ? i try from other machine too as soon as i give destination vcenter details it throws same SSL error,  rebooted same vcenter couple of times no luck still

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

the converter application can use vCenter as a target but also an ESXi host.

Using one of the ESXi hosts connected to the vCenter as a destination allows us to understand if the problem is related to the vCenter or something else.

If using an ESXi host as a target (connected to vCenter) you do not encounter the problem, it could also be a temporary solution to proceed with the conversion.

Logs can be extracted from the converter application. Have you tried to analyze them? In these logs you should check if you see other information besides the usual error

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
ssahoo46
Contributor
Contributor

I select ESXi host as destination but same error continue (see attached)

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

Try to disable the antivirus application that is installed over the client where is running the converter application

Fabio 

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
ssahoo46
Contributor
Contributor

Symantec is stop but no luck

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

In summary, the error seems to be generated by an incompatibility between the converter and the SSL certificate present on the vSphere infrastructure. To solve the problem we tried to:

- Disable SSL on the converter

- Change the SSL format on the converter (did you do this test? The indications are in my previous posts)

- Tried to disable the antivirus (some antivirus also have the function of SSL inspection)

-Tried to use the converter from another client

Are vCenter and client with converter in the same network segment / vlan? If not, it could be a test to put the client with the converter in the same network segment as the vCenter.

It is necessary to verify that the SSL certificate is used on the vCenter and (TLS1 etc ..)

Have you tried using the IP instead of the FQDN / hostname?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos