VMware Global Community
ceciliamelo
Contributor
Contributor

Worksation Pro 14 compatibilite VWware Fusion 10

hi! I have a virtual machine on a computer with Worksation Pro 14, I want to open it on another computer that only supports the Fusion 10 version. Can anyone tell me how to make this compatibility?
Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It should basically work to just copy the files over, and make some minor adjustments to the VM's configuration (like the network connection).

Both - WS14 and Fusion 10 - support the same virtual hardware versions (see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1003746)

André

0 Kudos
ceciliamelo
Contributor
Contributor

Quando eu inicio a maquina no Fusion 10 aparece esta mensagem, porém no meu computador a ultima versão disponível é a 

Professional Version 10.1.6

"You must upgrade VMware Fusion or downgrade the compatibility level of your virtual machine using the newer version before trying to power it on"

Sabe me dizer o que devo fazer?

Obrigada

0 Kudos
ceciliamelo
Contributor
Contributor

na realidade, o worksation é a versão 16.

Quando faço uma copia com ele para a versão compatível com o fusion 10 ele so abre como copia.

O sistema que tenho que roda o fusion 10 é um mac, pode ser por isso?

Queria abrir esta maquina no mac e na estou conseguindo, tem alguma ideia?

Obrigada

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What you can try with a copy of the VM is to edit the VM's .vmx file and change the virtual hardware version.

virtualHW.version = "10"

This may or may not work, depending on whether the VM has features which require a higher HW version.

Make sure that VMware Fusion is closed while editing the .vmx file, so that it gets re-read after the modification!

André

0 Kudos