VMware Cloud Community
coolirc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDP 6.0 unable to install SQL Agent ( win 2008 R2 )

Hello everyone

i have a windows 2008 R2 64 bit and i have SQL 2008 installed on it  ...

i had the same server with vdp installed on it and the backup jobs are already on the vdp appliance .

i created another server with the same name and same ip . shuted down the old one . and reinstalled everything the on the new server .

now when i try to install the VDP Agent on the new server wich the backup jobs already exist on the VDP Appliance it doesnt want to install and it says that it can't find the vdp appliance  ...

tried to install with ip address and FQDN but same error but when i try to ping the ip address and the host name of the vdp it pings normally  .

i suspected that maybe the firewall but i disabled it and still the same thing ...

can anyone tell me where to look or any work aroung or anyone that had a similar issue . thanks .

i suspect also that the old vdp agent should be removed with the backup jobs from the vdp appliance  but i don't find anything about removing the old agent or unregistering it from the vdp appliance in the docs .

VDP-Agent-Problem.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coolirc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

fixed after deploying a new VDP 6.1 and installing the new SQL Agent VMwareVDPSQL-windows-x86_64_6.1.0.173.msi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
coolirc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

fixed after deploying a new VDP 6.1 and installing the new SQL Agent VMwareVDPSQL-windows-x86_64_6.1.0.173.msi

0 Kudos