VMware Cloud Community
Ivandsa
Contributor
Contributor

Synology Active Backup error - is not a VIM server

Hello, i have vSphere 6.7 and right now i'm making backup of the virtual machines with Veeam Backup, i wanted to try Synology Active Backup.

In Active Backup i start a new VMware vSphere connection, put the configuration (IP, port 443, account and password) next popup windows i accept the certificate and then i get the error xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 is not a VIM server.

Didn't expect that, since is the same configuracion that Veeam is using succesfully, i checked the configuration in vSphere and the port 443 is there.

I will keep searching on the web for some solution, but any help or tip will be welcomed,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BarryGrowler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First, ensure you're targeting the vCenter Server's IP, not an ESXi host. If that checks out, confirm there's no network or firewall blockage on port 443; these can sometimes sneak up on you. Also, double-check that your Synology's DNS can properly resolve the vCenter's address.

Compatibility or certificate snags could also be at play, so verify those aren’t causing trouble. If you're stuck, Synology's support or forums might offer the insight you need. Often, it's a small detail in the setup causing the issue.

0 Kudos