VMware Horizon Community
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PSA: Delay Creation for WV will not work if user's primary group is the Assignment Group.

Perhaps it's already known but if it's not, let it be known.

##Previously:

TCP 5985 for PowerShell Web services

##

Is it safe to assume that this is what facilitates the creation of a writable volume?

Just stood up a VIP with only 80 and 443 going through. Updated the Manager1 key to use the FQDN of the VIP, now no new WVs are being created. The previous snapshot with the AV Manager explicitly defined still create them no problem.

Just want to make sure I've got my bearings right.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ha!

As it turns out, if the primary group is set to the assigned group for the WV assignment the delay creation option doesn't work.

I had set the primary group to the entitlement group for this user when testing something else. Go figure.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I changed the scope of the limit to host option and tried it again from both pools, neither created the WV for this particular group assignment.

I then recreated the WV group assignment with the same result.

I recreated once again, ignoring the delay creation option, and it created one for this user so it's not a group issue. Of course, it worked and all was well but it's not feasible for my needs.

More to come as I chase my tail on this one.

0 Kudos
fdrietatns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ha!

As it turns out, if the primary group is set to the assigned group for the WV assignment the delay creation option doesn't work.

I had set the primary group to the entitlement group for this user when testing something else. Go figure.

0 Kudos