VMware Horizon Community
Hmunning
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New 2312 App Volumes Agent.msi not accepted by OSOT MDT plugin

When I place the new 2312 App Volumes Agent msi in the right folder on my MDT deployment share I get the following error message : "Not found App Volumes Agent installer" Please copy it to....

I have already taken a look at the various plugin components (xml files) and checked the msi parameters. Can't detect anything strange. The only difference I see is that this msi has a different author (VMware LLC) in the msi properties, but that seems cosmetic to me.

Hmunning_0-1707846560962.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hen_durox11
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same Issue trying to use that Agent when we are creating the task sequences. 

0 Kudos
prdv
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue, did you find a solution for this? (you'd be the hero of the month!)

0 Kudos
UNOHcbryan
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and did the following:

1. Disable the App Volumes installation task
2. Create new application for App Volumes Agent 2312 (make sure to hide the app from the deployment wizard)

For the quiet install command, use "msiexec.exe /i "App Volumes Agent.msi" /qb MANAGER_ADDR=<fqdn or IP> MANAGER_PORT=443 EnforceSSLCertificateValidation=<0 or 1> REBOOT=R"

3. Create a new application install task where the old App Volumes item was and select to install a single application.

0 Kudos