VMware Communities
_andreas_
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare6 Shared-Folder problem with Outlook 2007

Hi

I can do anything (full access) with my outlook.pst on my shared-folder. just Outlook 2007 have access problems.

When i look for new mails i will get this "Error (0x080070005) ...." no access for outlook.pst.

Any help ???

Andreas

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Even if you can use the shared folder option I would suggest to use network shares (over a host-only network for example). This is faster than the shared folder option.

Maybe you should leave this problem and try the network share instead.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
_andreas_
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for. I already didit like this.

But why is it working in VMWare 5.5. ?

Andreas

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know, can only guess:

\- File Attributes?

\- If it works with the same user by using network shares, it's maybe related to the kind of file access used by shared folders or the kind of authentication, as you're requested to authenticate against the host when you use network shares so there is a proper token.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
rsa911
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

would another process on the host is also using the PST ?!

like another outlook instance or an antivirus etc... ???

0 Kudos
_andreas_
Contributor
Contributor

NO. Only outlook !

0 Kudos
dbrenner
Contributor
Contributor

I am encountering a similar problem with Outlook 2003 when I switched from using a network share to shared folders.

I switched back, but I am encountering an intermittent problem where access to the share is inhibited, and I have to restart outlook

0 Kudos
Gerardus
Contributor
Contributor

Have sort of the same issue, but not with outlook....

HOST running Vista, guest running XPsp2 , a share exists on the host that is accessed both from the guest as shared folder AND from a third machine as a network share. All was fine running 5.5 but since the latest TWO releases sometimes the filesystem on the host becaome unavailable, leaving the remote system to time-out and then report as NOT-AVAILABLE... from within the guest system, also trying to access the shared folder screws the system... the mouse cannot be moved outside the guestscreen anymore and a full reboot is needed of the guest....(sometimes possible via keystoke, because the mouse does not work 99% of the time anymore)...

As soon as the guest system is halted, the network share is again available from the third machine...

rG

0 Kudos