VMware Communities
Richard378
Contributor
Contributor

Failed Install - Can't uninstall or Run - No Add/Remove Programs listing

I tried to install VMware Workstation 6. The installer did nothing for a hour so I tried to cancel it. After pressing cancel I waited 15 minutes and there was no response. I then used the Task Manager to cancel. It only partially installed and produces a error message to re-install. Trouble is the installer claims it is already installed and there is no listing under the Add/Remove Programs list in Windows Vista 32-bit. This was a initial Trial install therefore VMware refused to support it. How do I get uninstall this program?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
colomon
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue when I tried to install VMware-player-2.0.2-59824.exe this week. Worse, I've just discovered that the VMWare Network Adapter is actually up and running on my system, a fact I discovered when two copies of it tried to access NetBIOS on one of my other machines and got blocked by the firewall. So it won't do anything useful, but it will happily steal cycles and memory from my system.

Any solution for this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the VMware Workstation forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you run the setup program with with the command "setup /c" it will go through and clean up any left overs.

0 Kudos
khrisjonesreyes
Contributor
Contributor

VMware-player-3.1.1-282343.exe /?, the switch have change I think. this will give some options on the new installer

I have tried this and it work "VMware-player-3.1.1-282343.exe /clean"

0 Kudos