VMware Cloud Community
mattsimpson001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Converter 5.5 - Permission to perform this operation was denied

Hi,

I am getting the following error when using Converter Server to import Hyper-V and Powered-on machines - Permission to perform this operation was denied

I have installed Converter directly on the machine that was getting the same issue and it imports fine!

I have disabled UAC on Converter Server, reinstalled it, built a new VM and installed Converter again!

There is a few errors in the logs

2013-11-04T14:21:04.551+13:00 [02076 error 'Ufa.HTTPService'] Failed to read request; stream: <io_obj p:0x01fd94ec, h:-1, <pipe '\\.\pipe\vmware-converter-server-soap'>, <pipe '\\.\pipe\vmware-converter-server-soap'>>, error: class Vmacore::TimeoutException(Operation timed out)

I have disabled SSL on the Converter Server worker process but this didn't work

I have 30 Hyper-V VMs to import and cannot do this one by one!

Cheers,

Matt

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gkeerthy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

Did you enabled the local Administrator account with password? and let me know if you tried with the vm local Administrator account and try like this ipaddress\Administrator

Please don't forget to award point for 'Correct' or 'Helpful', if you found the comment useful. (vExpert, VCP-Cloud. VCAP5-DCD, VCP4, VCP5, MCSE, MCITP)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gkeerthy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

Did you enabled the local Administrator account with password? and let me know if you tried with the vm local Administrator account and try like this ipaddress\Administrator

Please don't forget to award point for 'Correct' or 'Helpful', if you found the comment useful. (vExpert, VCP-Cloud. VCAP5-DCD, VCP4, VCP5, MCSE, MCITP)
mattsimpson001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I have tried using a local administrator account on the Hyper-V server

IP Address\administrator doesn't work in Converter, the username needs to be just administrator

0 Kudos
mattsimpson001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, when I use the "Administrator" account on the Hyper-V server is works fine, thanks

0 Kudos