VMware Cloud Community
Somnathnandy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10G, 2nd network is not working properly - unable to go to internet and other network segments

Hello,

I am installing Vsphere 8.0U2 Essential Plus on 3 Dell servers, each having 2x32C AMD CPU, 256GB RAM, 2x1G ethernet port, 2x10G dual port NIC along with 1xME5012 iSCSI storage with direct connectivity. I have used 1 10G NIC for iSCSI SAN. I have installed ESXi, vCenter and configured HA. My planning is using 2x1G nic (in teams) for Management and rest dual port 10G NIC for DATA & live vMotion for the VMs as there will be ERP with SQL DB and few other servers. 2x1G network is working properly(able to ping any network segment, vms are connected with internet etc.), I have checked the live-vmotion and it is successful. On 10G I have created one vswitch with dual uplink with Active/Standby mode (as there is 2xCisco 9300 in HA in the core and my network is terminated on these 2), created 2 portgroups (data & management) and created vmkernel adapter connected with management PG and internal configurations are same with 2x1G configs. But whenever I am creating any vm on this 10G network, it is able to ping other vms who are on this 10G network but unable to connect to internet or other segments of network. Still I have not enabled vMotion as previously I enabled the same with NIC Teaming policy Active/Active and Route based on IP hash, it was not able to connect the other network segments, live vmotion was not happening and due to any unknown reason during my trying to set it right, vcenter got crashed and I have reinstalled it. Now 2x1G part is working satisfactorily with vMotion and Network Connectivity but any way I have to set right this 10G part also. During checking I have found there is no IPv4 routing table entry in default TCP/IP stack for vmk3 which is my 10G network (picture attached). Can it be the cause of this problem? If so how can I make an entry in this routing table for vmk3?

Please help.

Regards

Somnath Nandy

Regards
Somnath Nandy
0 Kudos
0 Replies