VMware Cloud Community
sweetmail
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

update manager database

where can I find the updata manager database on the server? how does it look?

how large the update manager download drive need to be at lease?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not htink you can see with vsohere client - you will need to have access to the vcenter sevrer and look at the system DSNs that are configured in the ODBC client on that machine - hopefully the best practices were followed and the DSNs are named by what datastore they point to -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

uodate manager database is stored wherever the System DSN is pointing - either SQL Server Express, a SQL Server or ORacle Server - for sizing check out http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vum_pubs.html - there is a sizing estimator that can be downloaded from here -

0 Kudos
sweetmail
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Weinstein5

How in the VIC I can see the name of the sql database instance? no one in my company seems to know Smiley Sad

Thanks

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not htink you can see with vsohere client - you will need to have access to the vcenter sevrer and look at the system DSNs that are configured in the ODBC client on that machine - hopefully the best practices were followed and the DSNs are named by what datastore they point to -

0 Kudos
sweetmail
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I open the ODBC data source administrator and under systemDSN, I have

ex_VMwareVC SQL Server

VMwareVC SQL Native Client

VMwareVC_2_0_2 SQL Server

But how can I see the name of the VIC database instance name and Updated Manager database instance name?

Thanks

0 Kudos