VMware Cloud Community
asigurds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to connect to ESXi 5.1 free after upgrade

Upgraded to 5.1 free by uploading VMware-ESXi-5.1.0-799733-depot.zip to the server, logged in via ssh and then ran the following command : esxcli software profile install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/VMware-ESXi-5.1.0-799733-depot.zip -p ESXi-5.1.0-799733-standard

After what looked like a successful upgrade and a rebbot, I am now unable to connect to the ESXi server.

Going directly to the server IP address in a browser, I get the following error message : 503 Service Unavailable
When I log in via ssh, I’m unable to run any esxcli commands. I just get the following error : Connect to localhost failed: Connection failure
Any help is appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kaos
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Which release are you upgrading from? And also, can you restart the management services on the host? A vm-support will also help?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
asigurds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for replying. I was upgrading from V 5.0 and I have tried to restart both management services / agents and the host, but that didn't solve my problem.

0 Kudos
asigurds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To answer my own question. I reset the host configuration through console and rebooted.

Lost all my settings, but I was able to connect with the vSphere 5.1 client and reconfigure the host.
0 Kudos