VMware Cloud Community
imudd1
Contributor
Contributor

HBA Anyware udpate

Trying to Install the kit and getting a error similar to the HP issue. However no other Emulex kits have been installed and we are running Dell.

The vSphere server has been fully updated with all the latest updates and patches.

rpm -U elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1.x86_64.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:

emulex-cim-provider >= 400.2.0.27.1 is needed by (installed) vmware-esx-cim-4.0.0-1.9.208167.i386

I tried running rebuilddb, then vmkmod-install.sh and then cim-install.sh and that didn't change the outcome.

Any idea what next step is?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PHealth
Contributor
Contributor

We have this same exact issue with your same exact setup and configuration. Let us know if you come across the resolution. You can always run the RPM with --nodeps to NOT check for dependencies but we've not been brave enough to do this yet. Trying to setup a test server.

0 Kudos
imudd1
Contributor
Contributor

I'll open a tix next week on this and will post whatever I learn and get back from them.

0 Kudos
PHealth
Contributor
Contributor

Worked with VMware the last couple of days and came down to this. It's pretty much what I was thinking with using the --nodeps switch. Steps and commands below.

1) uninstall elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1.x86_64.rpm

rpm -qa | grep elx

rpm -e elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1 --nodeps

2) upgrade to U1

via using esxupdate,

rpm -e elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1 --nodeps

3) uninstall emulex-cim-provider with --nodeps (rpm --nodeps -e emulex-cim-provider)

rpm -e emulex-cim-provider-400.2.0.27.1-164009 --nodeps

4) install elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1.x86_64.rpm

rpm -ivh elxvmwarecorekit-esx40-4.0a44-1 --nodeps

0 Kudos