VMware Cloud Community
aj800
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Baseline "Last Modified" date in Lifecycle Manager?

Someone in another thread says this:

"The modification date is the date when the baseline's configuration has been created, or last modified." 

Can someone clarify a bit more on what this means?  I created my own test baseline of patches back in 2020 for patches that had been available between 2019 and January of 2020 for the hosts, and that baseline's still listed in my baseline list in Lifecycle Manager (7.0U3o).  I think this may be residual from before upgrading from 6.7 to 7.x.  I forgot about it and haven't even looked at it until today when we were doing some exploring.  Yet the "Last Modified" date shows "1 month ago".  I'm fairly certain no one else has used it or changed it, also.  What would have changed that "last modified" date?  I have another 'Predefined' one (Critical Host Patches) that says "4 years ago" for its "Last Modified" date.  I think the last critical patches we applied came out a few months ago, and would expect that would be updated automatically or "dynamically" by VMware the most frequently when it checks for updates.  Can someone explain "dynamic" baselines?  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  What is being "modified", by who, and at what point?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies