VMware {code} Community
DLang5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cannot find symbol - SelectionSpec

I'm getting started with the VI SDK (Java), but I'm having trouble getting my developent environment up and going. Stubs are generated properly (using Axis 1.2.1) and vim.jar/vim25.jar seem to compile right, but when the build script gets to the part where it's compiling apputils, I'm getting all sorts of "cannot find symbol" errors, almost all relating to SelectionSpec.

Classpath is %AXISHOME%\lib\axis.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\axis-ant.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\commons-discovery-0.2.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\jaxrpc.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\saaj.jar;%AXISHOME%\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;%JAVAHOME%\lib\tools.jar;%SDKHOME%\samples\Axis\java\vim25.jar;%SDKHOME%\samples\Axis\java\lib\activation.jar;%SDKHOME%\samples\Axis\java\lib\mailapi.jar; which seems right - any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
njain
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

The pre-compiled Java sample applications in the VI SDK have been compiled using stubs generated using the Apache Axis 1.2.1 libraries. In your case, it seems that in order to compile AppUtils, you need the stubs generated using AXIS 1.4. Try to upgrade your AXIS version to 1.4 and regenerate all the client-side stubs using Axis 1.4. This should resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
njain
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

The pre-compiled Java sample applications in the VI SDK have been compiled using stubs generated using the Apache Axis 1.2.1 libraries. In your case, it seems that in order to compile AppUtils, you need the stubs generated using AXIS 1.4. Try to upgrade your AXIS version to 1.4 and regenerate all the client-side stubs using Axis 1.4. This should resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
DLang5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks - regenerating and compiling with Axis 1.4 gives a few depreciation errors, but compliles just fine.

0 Kudos