VMware {code} Community
Michael_Michae1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Java build is a little hard for VI SDK 2.5 build 64154

Just established a java project to try VI SDK 2.5 build 64154. found building a lot even if a very small changed in sample code . I tried Eclipse and Netbeans , the same build effects , seems like a clean building from scratch . any idea on this ?

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tpcool
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apart from the obvious approach of fine tuning eclipse JVM memory options, the alternative approach to tackle this is to get rid of VIM java artifacts from the project. Instead, get the class files from the WSDL java artifacts, make a single jar (something like vim25.jar) and include that in the project. You can get class files immediately after you setup eclipse or you can also use the build scripts that come with SDK. Eventually what you want to do is include the vim25.jar but not the source code. Now when you make changes, your project's build scope is limited to samples. I haven't tried it though, but it should work.

If you want to leave the VIM source code in the project, you could try excluding the vim source code from source folders, but you must make a copy of class files in a directory like lib/classes and include the vim class files in the classpath.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tpcool
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apart from the obvious approach of fine tuning eclipse JVM memory options, the alternative approach to tackle this is to get rid of VIM java artifacts from the project. Instead, get the class files from the WSDL java artifacts, make a single jar (something like vim25.jar) and include that in the project. You can get class files immediately after you setup eclipse or you can also use the build scripts that come with SDK. Eventually what you want to do is include the vim25.jar but not the source code. Now when you make changes, your project's build scope is limited to samples. I haven't tried it though, but it should work.

If you want to leave the VIM source code in the project, you could try excluding the vim source code from source folders, but you must make a copy of class files in a directory like lib/classes and include the vim class files in the classpath.

0 Kudos