VMware Cloud Community
COS
Expert
Expert

vCenter 6 and the VMRC - Mouse is erratic

OK, since I have problems with IE getting to a VM's console, I gave the VMRC a try.

I installed it and clicked the "Open in VMRC" then a message box said that the mouse settings were not optimal, would you like to correct it? I clicked yes but the mouse sucks and is worthless. I can' control it and it jumps from one end of the screen to the other.

What setting can I change in the VMRC configuration?

Thanks

4 Replies
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

Please do remember those key http://vmetc.com/2008/10/02/stuck-in-a-vm-%E2%80%93-to-release-the-mouse-press-the-host-key/

Open with IE is slow down because of some driver crash. Please re-open it again and check.

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert

Not quite sure about your post. I don't have a problem releasing the KVM.

My mouse performance is erratic and jumps around to the point of uselessness.

I should've mentioned that this occurred when I was installing a Server 2012 R2 VM and the VMtools were not installed.

Once I got the VMTools installed it was fine.

I just want to know what I need to change for the mouse to perform properly when I am building a new VM without the VMTools installed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
WillL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Having similar issue in vSphere 5.5, for VM not installed VMware Tools, mouse moves normal in vSphere client, but jumps around and useless in VMRC of Web Client.

Any solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert

No, there was no resolution. Problem still persists and is follows into vSphere 6.0.

Best way to get around this is to do the build from the thick client then install the tools. Theoretically after that, the console mouse should be stable.

This is pretty lame that we have to keep finding workarounds because their new version is crappy. They're going to phase out the thick client in favor of the web client but so far the web clients sucks in many aspects.

I'm currently testing Hyper-V for some of the less important VM's and so far so good.

The learning curve for new VM admins on Hyper-V seems to be faster as well.

Thanks